Even the most dedicated home cooks will sometimes face a dearth of new menu ideas. Pouring over cook books provides tons of inspirations but it remains at that - nothing beats seeing a chef demonstates the recipes 'live' in action. With the launch of Rollyeyes' 30 Minute Cookin' campaign, a new cooking revolution is sweeping through Singapore.
Chefs worldwide seem to have this fascination with the '30 minutes' time frame. Rachel Ray has her '30 Minute Meals' series on The Food Network; Jamie Oliver has published a cookbook entitled '30 Minutes-Meals' and it is now befitting that Singapore has a '30 Minute Cookin' website to call our own.
What can we find on '30 Minute Cookin' Website:
|Online cooking videos at your fingertips!|
1. Online Cooking Videos which provide clear and concise step-by-step tutorials on how the meals are prepared and cooked, all within 30 minutes!. This is helpful for visual learners, new home cooks or even domestic helps!
2. Recipes of Quick and Easy Gourmet Meals.
3. Expert Chef Kitchen Tips to make life easier for everyone!
We were invited to the launch of '30 Minute Cookin' on 4 January 2014 and and met celebrity chef Eric Teo (President of the Singapore Chef’s Association) who inspired us with his down-to-earth, friendly, earnest demeanor. He demonstrated three dishes from the website which convinced us that it is indeed possible to whip up a gourmet-tasting meal in our homes.
|An honour to meet Chef Eric in person...|
Here are some things that impressed us about the '30 Minute Cookin' Food Revolution:
1. Common everyday ingredients are used in the recipes. No fanciful black truffles or expensive foie-gras needed to make great tasting home-gourmet meals.
|Healthy and commonly available ingredients...|
2. Instructions are simple to follow. And you can replay any part of the cooking video (or the entire video) at your own pace, own time!
|Chef Eric demonstrating a yummy mushroom dish...|
3. No big, expensive kitchen tools or equipments needed to whip up these meals. Use whatever we have in our kitchen - sometimes back to basics is best!
|Old school deep-frying with a chopstick and a pot of sunflower oil.|
4. Chefs share creative uses of ingredients and ideas for creative plating to enhance your dining experience at home.
|Adding fruit beer gives the batter a zesty lift!|
|Use a cup to plate the tofu dish!|
5. Food actually tastes yummy, even though it's cooked in no fuss, time-saving manner. There's hope yet for us busy Moms. Yay!
|Succulent, Flavorful and Juicy!|
|Steamed Tofu with Seafood|
We were so enamoured with one of Chef Eric's recipes that we decided to recreate it for our Sunday dinner. We purchased the ingredients from the nearest supermarket, got them ready and started cooking. For the fun of it, we've put together a video to demonstrate how '30 Minute Cookin' can enable every ordinary home cook to cook like a pro!
Turn up your volume and enjoy the video!
|Wild Mushroom Fritters with Aioli Dip - So Delish!|
|Website URL - www.30minutecookin.com|
Disclaimer: We attended the launch of 30 Minute Cookin' by Rolleyes and liked its concept. No monetary compensation was received for this post. All opinions and photos are, as usual, ours.